09 February 2008

arrrgghh, gasparilla! (run)


I ran the Gasparilla 5K this morning, and despite not really being in shape to do it well (and therefore having to stop 4 times to stretch my calf muscles), I had a lot of fun. I decided not to care about how I finished, if I had to walk (or stop to stretch), etc... and it ended up being the most fun one I've done. I saw a lot of students and friends, and just had a great time, which is really why I signed up in the first place, so it was perfect. The first person I saw when I crossed the finish line was my friend and coworker, Mike, so that made it even better. Seann and his fiance Elizabeth came in town to run the 5K (both of them) and the half marathon tomorrow (him). Poor Elizabeth is waking up at 4am with him to get ready and head down for the marathon; I'm compromising by meeting her at 7:30 with coffee and bagels to watch him finish. I think that's pretty fair. When marathonfoto puts up their pics, I'll try to put one up here.

1 comment:

Katie said...

Courtney, I love your blog - and even more, your hair! So chic! Miss you and glad you're doing well. Way to go on the 5K. Hope to see you in April?