05 February 2008

cheers and jeers

cheers:
- planning a girls weekend in Miami at the end of the month
- running podcasts on iTunes.  especially Podrunner and Techno Sweat Workouts.  I highly recommend them - and the best part is, they're FREE!
- this article on NYTimes.com
- Bill and Ted's excellent surrogate showdown (I'm squarely in Ted's corner) and all the fun this Super Tuesday brought
- apartmenttherapy.com.  Have I mentioned how obsessed I am with this site?  No, really...
- my lunch bunch at school.
- long weekend this weekend (hallelujah!)
- national signing day tomorrow, and one of my kids is going to Wake! 
- Nana comes tomorrow!

jeers:
- stressing about money, especially for over the summer
- The new parking lot at my gym with teeeeeny tiny spaces, when everyone (but me) drives an SUV (I know, if that's my biggest issue, I'm probably doing okay... but it's the little things).
- This article on NYTimes.com
- cooking for one person.  I'm not good at it... not to mention, it's not very fun.
- giving up my other long weekend in February to chaperone a school trip to Tallahassee

1 comment:

Amy Greene said...

several things:
1) pig brains = ew. They should have guessed that a job like that would cause permanent physical (if not emotional/psychological) damage. Like I said, ewwwww. And sad.
2)I'm going to go ahead and assume that you mean a girls weekend with me in Miami. I'll go pack my beach bag.
3) cooking for 2 is not much better than one. I've learned to just adjust recipes or deal with eating leftovers every day for lunch. le sigh.
4) i love free running podcasts too! seriously, they're like the only thing that gets me motivated.

i love you. the end.