08 January 2008

New Year, New Blog

When I got my Mac, Jill said it would be just a matter of time before I started blogging again... it's been 4 months since I've gotten it, and it looks like she's right (as usual).  :-)

I'm way too tired for a full update right now, but I'll do my best...

I haven't been the best at keeping in touch with people the past couple of years (or updating a blog - I can't believe how long it's been!), so here's an introduction, or reintroduction as the case may be.  

I'm still teaching... still loving it, albeit with eyes a bit less starry.  I have 101 stories about the funny or amazing things my kids have done and probably only 5 about the things that have really let me down, so I feel like that's a pretty good ratio.

I'm still living in Tampa, in a lovely garage apartment ("carriage house," if I feel like sounding fancy :-)) down the street from my family (yes, the same street).  I've been in this apartment since April 07, and I absolutely love it, though it's still a work in progress.  I'll post pictures someday.  

I'm still single, and more at peace with that status that I have been maybe ever.  I laugh with my kids (students) when they tell me I better get married before I get too old, instead of going home and fretting about it - which I would have done not so long ago.  Just because a lot of my friends are getting married (and having babies - yikes!), doesn't mean that's what I'm supposed to be doing right now.  

Friends have come in and out of my immediate vicinity, and the leaving part is never fun or easy, but it's happened enough in the past 5 years that I'm realizing that they don't leave my life... unless I get lazy, which is a really lame reason.  So I'm trying to be better about that.

2007 was a year of some great highs (especially trips... to Connecticut, NYC, DC a few times, Toronto, Niagara Falls, the Maryland Shore, Northern Virginia and Charlottesville, all over NC, Charleston, Savannah, and last but not least, Italy), some tough lows (loved ones passing away, dear friends moving away, other dear friends hurting), and just some blahs after a pretty great 2006.  I'm hoping 2008 will be a year of rejuvenation, of looking forward, and of celebration (6 weddings and 2 births on the calendar... and counting).  Cheers!

No comments: