13 January 2008

She's Crafty...

Who's crafty, you ask?  My mom, that's who.  A few months ago I bought some Porch/Tomato Branchberry fabric on sale (and it still is!) from Maine Cottage (here's a link to their fabrics, I couldn't get one directly to the one I bought).  It was cute and inexpensive, but it was essentially an impulse buy - I knew it would go well with my couch, but actually executing a design was another story.  Enter my mom, sewer extraordinaire, with her Bernina.  She figured out a pattern, I picked out a contrasting navy to use for the cording, and we were off (and I even did some of the sewing!).  

A few hours later, I went from this...

To this...

And here's a pillow up close*

*side note: does anyone know how to rotate a picture in blogger?  I have it saved vertically (when I open it, it automatically opens vertically), but it keeps getting put into blogger as a horizontal picture :-(