21 January 2008

A template post today

Ten years ago: 16, junior in high school.  Had just gone to Israel over Winter Break, which was incredible.  Things coming up that semester were Gasparilla, college trip for Spring Break (including first trip to Wake), taking the AP US History exam (which seemed like the biggest deal in the world then so I had to include it), Beach Week at Indian Rocks (a bit of a bust, which made us determined to make it amazing the next year... and we did).  

Five years ago: 21, living on the Grand Canal in Venice during my second stint in Casa Artom, this time as an employee.  Had been there for 2-3 weeks, still settling in and getting to know everyone.  The next two and a half months were some of the most fun times of my life.  

One year ago: Had just made it through my first semester of teaching, was feeling more settled and comfortable with my subjects and my students.  Had just started with two new Sociology classes and a new Psychology class.  I almost gave the Psych class up because I didn't want another prep, but it's a good thing I didn't because it ended up being my favorite group of kids so far.  Getting ready for Gasparilla coming up and trying to figure out a strategy for how to not see all my students there.

Yesterday: Slept a lot, making up for staying out laaate Friday for Shannon's wedding and meeting Nancy out at New World after.  All four teachers went as each others' dates and we had SUCH a fun night, as you can see from the pictures...




































Right now: Enjoying my day off by being a lazy bum.  Trying to motivate to go to the gym, the dry cleaners, and the grocery store, but none of that has happened yet.  So I'm procrastinating by blogging instead... :-)

No comments: